en - GENERAL ELIGIBILITY
We invite member-FCs to start brainstorming on what a new or existing project would look like in the project activity categories below.
Some examples of eligible project activities include but are not limited to:
- Cultural Programming
- e., Cultural/ceremonial teachings, traditional medicines, traditional foods, land-based programming and access to ceremony.
- Community-based Health and Support Services
- Food security, family programming, and community gatherings
- Any wrap-around service that ensures clients feel safe and supported.
- Providing workshops and support groups locally for all Indigenous persons, regardless of status, place of residence, or those who experience intergenerational trauma due to Indian Residential Schools.
- Community Outreach and Partnerships
- Conducting community outreach to inform community members about available support services offered locally,
- Providing workshops and support groups locally for all Indigenous persons, regardless of status, place of residence, or experience intergenerational trauma due to Indian Residential Schools
- Working with partners to provide information about other support services (e.g., victim support services), including eligibility criteria, and where possible, help clients access service(s)
- Other Mental Health Programming
- Bridging Indigenous traditional knowledge and western teachings to provide personalized care unique to client/community needs.
- Distribution of self-care bundles to community members (i.e., youth and Elders).
- Assistance with transportation may be offered when mental health counselling and cultural support services are not locally available.
- Staff Capacity and Expertise
- Hire mental health support staff to assist with program implementation.
- Project activities that support resource sharing, training, and expertise amongst mental health & cultural support workers.
- Providing regular training opportunities for Health and Cultural Support Worker(s) on subjects relevant to the delivery of services, such as crisis intervention, suicide prevention, post-traumatic stress, conflict resolution, vicarious trauma, and self-care for their clients.