The National Association of Friendship Centres (NAFC) is seeking a highly qualified, multi-talented, and experienced individual to manage the NAFC’s Partners in Engagement and Knowledge Exchange (PEKE).
PEKE was launched to support Indigenous organizations as partners in research projects, to facilitate learning across funded research teams, and to support the translation of research findings into policy and decision-making. The goal of the NAFC-PEKE is to develop meaningful engagement of urban Indigenous peoples communities and organizations by providing links and facilitating interactions among Implementation Research Teams (IRTs)and the Research Chairs with Indigenous communities, policy-makers and partners.
The NAFC-PEKE Project Coordinator will be responsible for developing and instituting the work plan, managing stakeholder and partner engagement, relations and support knowledge of mobilization activities, and overall manage the PEKE initiative on behalf of the NAFC.
The candidate will also be familiar with urban Indigenous issues at the community, regional and national levels and will provide recommendations for policy development,interpretationandapplication,coordinateanddeliverpolicybriefings,reportsand other written material related to a variety of urban Indigenous issues, communications and advocacy as a significant component of the work. Ideally, candidates will have experience in writingproposals.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS:
- University degree (graduate level preferred) or demonstrated competency in equivalent levels of experience;
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
- Ability to build relationships with various stakeholders;
- Minimum of three years project coordination experience;
- Knowledge of Indigenous research methodologies in addition to quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Knowledge and understanding of NAFC’s issues, mandate, organizational structure and the Friendship Centre Movement;
- Knowledge and understanding of historical and contemporary Indigenous issues;
- Knowledge and understanding of the aspirations, values and cultures of urban Indigenous peoples;
- Comprehensive knowledge of software including Microsoft Office; knowledge of Excel and Smartsheet would be considered a strong asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Commitment to Excellence – always seeking new ways to improve organization practices;
- English is the working language however the ability to work in both official languages (English/French) is an asset. Knowledge of or fluency in an Indigenous language is also an asset.
- Lead the implementation and management of the NAFC-PEKE annual work plan and deliverables;
- Lead proposal, budget and reporting coordination;
- Provide leadership and overall management of the NAFC-PEKE governance;
- Create and promote community and stakeholder resources;
- Develop and implement a knowledge translation and communications plan;
- Provide support to Friendship Centres, Implementation Research Teams and others in developing relationships;
- Lead the development of the NAFC-PEKE’s strategic plan;
- Prepare briefing materials, speaking note, memos, and reports;
- Plan and participate in meetings, workshops and knowledge mobilization events of the NAFC-PEKE;
- Lead the development of partnerships among Research Chairs, Implementation Research Teams, Friendship Centres, and others;
- Communicate the NAFC-PEKE goals, objectives and activities to relevant stakeholders;
- Secure additional contracts and resources as required;
- Carry out any other position related duties as may be assigned from time to time to support NAFC operations.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the requirements of the position to Jocelyn Formsma, NAFC Executive Director by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held in Ottawa. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
NAFC may cancel, postpone or revise employment opportunities at any time.
NAFC offers competitive salaries, strong benefits and a pension plan
Ottawa, ON with some travel
Term, full time position
Position will be posted until filled.
For PDF version click here!