Policy & Communications Manager
The NAFC is seeking a skilled management-level individual who will be responsible for overseeing our policy development and communications strategy.
- Oversee gathering and researching of information;
- Oversee policy development, interpretation and application;
- Oversee writing of policy briefings, reports and related materials;
- Oversee internal and external communications and related strategy.
- Honour’s Bachelor Degree or equivalent;
- 5+ years’ experience working in a research/policy environment in an Indigenous, not-for-profit or government setting;
- Experience managing a team;
- Experience managing and/or handling outgoing public communications;
- Knowledge and understanding of urban Indigenous issues;
- Able to communicate complex ideas and information to broad audiences;
- Demonstrated experience working with federal, provincial, territorial, northern, Indigenous urban and international governments and officials;
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset. Fluency in an Indigenous language is also an
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the requirements of the position to Jocelyn Formsma, Executive Director by email to email@example.com by Friday May 10, 2019.
While we thank all applicants for their submissions, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NAFC Employment Opportunity – Policy & Communications Manager PDF (EN-FR)