POLICY ANALYST – PEKE PROJECT MANAGER
The National Association of Friendship Centres (NAFC) is seeking a highly qualified, multi-talented, and experienced individual to manage the NAFC’s Partners in Engagement and Knowledge Exchange (PEKE).
The goal of the NAFC-PEKE is to develop meaningful engagement of Indigenous people’s communities and organizations by providing links and facilitating interactions among Implementation Research Teams (IRTs)and the Research Chairs with Indigenous communities, policy-makers and partners.
The NAFC-PEKE Manager will be responsible for instituting the work plan, stakeholder and partner engagement, relations and support, knowledge of mobilization activities and overall maintenance of the NAFC-PEKE as a whole.
The candidate will also be familiar with urban Indigenous issues at the community, regional and national levels and will provide recommendations for policy development, interpretation and application, coordinate and deliver policy briefings, reports and other written material related to a variety of urban Indigenous issues, communications and advocacy as a significant component of the work. Ideally candidates will have experience in writing proposals.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS:
- University degree (graduate level preferred) or demonstrated competency in equivalent levels of experience;
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
- Ability to build relationships with various stakeholders;
- Experience in working within a national Indigenous organization structure and context;
- Minimum of five years project coordination experience;
- Knowledge of Indigenous research methodologies in addition to quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Knowledge and understanding of NAFC’s issues, mandate, organizational structure and the Friendship Centre Movement;
- Knowledge and understanding of historical and contemporary Indigenous issues;
- Knowledge and understanding of the aspirations, values and cultures of urban Indigenous peoples;
- Previous experience managing staff;
- Previous experience working closely with Boards and committees considered a strong asset;
- Comprehensive knowledge of software including Microsoft Office; knowledge of Excel and Smartsheet would be considered a strong asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Commitment to Excellence – always seeking new ways to improve organization practices;
- English is the working language however the ability to work in both official languages (English/French) is an asset. Fluency in an Indigenous language is also an
- Lead the implementation and management of the NAFC-PEKE annual work plan and deliverables;
- Lead proposal, budget and reporting coordination;
- Provide leadership and overall management of the NAFC-PEKE governance;
- Create and promote community and stakeholder resources;
- Develop and implement a knowledge translation and communications plan;
- Provide support to Friendship Centres, Implementation Research Teams and others in developing relationships;
- Lead the development of the NAFC-PEKE’s strategic plan;
- Prepare briefing materials, speaking note, memos, and reports;
- Plan and participate in meetings, workshops and knowledge mobilization events of the NAFC-PEKE;
- Lead the development of partnerships among Research Chairs, Implementation Research Teams, Friendship Centres, and others;
- Communicate the NAFC-PEKE goals, objectives and activities to relevant stakeholders;
- Secure additional contracts and resources as required;
- Carry out any other position related duties as may be assigned from time to time to support NAFC operations.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Mel Maracle, NAFC A/Executive Director by email to email@example.com or Fax (613) 594-3428 on or before Friday, September 28, 2018.
Interviews will be held in Ottawa. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
NAFC may cancel, postpone or revise employment opportunities at any time.
NAFC offers competitive salaries, strong benefits and a pension plan
Ottawa, ON with some travel
Term, full time position
Position will be posted until filled.