The NAFC is seeking an experienced and skilled individual who will be responsible for policy development, research and briefings.
- Gather and research information related to policy initiatives;
- Provide recommendations for policy development, interpretation and application;
- Coordinate and deliver policy briefings, reports and other written material;
- Examine the effects of current policies and programs as to their impact on urban Indigenous communities.
- Bachelor Degree in political science, public policy or equivalent;
- 3+ years’ experience working in a research/policy environment in an Indigenous, not-for-profit or government setting;
- Demonstrated competencies in policy analysis of Indigenous-specific skills, employment and early learning;
- Knowledge and understanding of urban Indigenous issues;
- Able to communicate complex ideas and information to broad audiences;
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset. Fluency in an Indigenous language is also an
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the requirements of the position to Jocelyn Formsma, Executive Director by email to email@example.com by Friday May 10, 2019.
While we thank all applicants for their submissions, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NAFC Employment Opportunity – Policy Analyst (EN-FR)