The NAFC is seeking a full-time Communications Officer, who will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material and coordinate promotional events.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audiences;
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website & social media content, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities and services;
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the Friendship Centre brand, and coordinate publicity events as required;
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or similar;
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a communications role;
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop);
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Proficient in content management systems and social media platforms.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the requirements of the position to Jocelyn Formsma, Executive Director by email to email@example.com by Friday May 10, 2019.
While we thank all applicants for their submissions, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NAFC Employment Opportunity – Communications Officer PDF (EN-FR)