National Aboriginal Youth Council National Youth Survey 2011-2012
Apr 23, 2012
The National Association of Friendship Centres covers 119 Friendship Centres across Canada, and through this, the National Aboriginal Youth Council is formed. The NAFC-AYC (National Association of Friendship Centres – National Aboriginal Youth Council) consists of eight regional representatives and five executive members which are elected in through their regions, or at the National Youth Forum. We represent the youth councils from across the country through Friendship Centres.
And we, the National Aboriginal Youth Council (AYC), would love to hear from YOU!
By answering this short survey, we hope to get a sense of where our focal point should be in order to bring the local youth council voice to the national level.
Whether you’d like a current issue covered, or have an idea for a national project that could create change for urban aboriginal youth in Canada, we want to know!
Our current initiatives are thriving around stories of success, and youth engagement strategies, yet we would like to see what’s important to you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The National Aboriginal Youth Council
National Aboriginal Youth Council (NAFC-AYC)
National Youth Survey 2011/2012
1) Is there a Youth Council at your centre? Youth Board representative?
2) Do you have Youth Programs at your centre currently?
3) What do you like about the youth program (if any)? What don’t you like (if any)?
4) What subject would you like to see covered on the National level by the National Aboriginal Youth council as a project/area of interest?(ie: suicide prevention strategies, tobacco cessation):
5) If you could make one change about the Youth Programming in your friendship Centre what would it be?
6) How do you think urban Aboriginal youth should/could be contributing to your Friendship Centre and community?
Please fill out this survey via Survey Monkey, cut and past the link http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RQ2WLR3 or you can also fax and/or email it to the Nicole Callihoo, Senior Programs Advisor at (613) 594-3428 or firstname.lastname@example.org.