The NAFC is seeking to employ three summer students to assist in the areas of program management support, office administration and research support.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Advanced information technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office applications, familiarity with data base operations, including FileMaker (for program management position) and SAS or SPSS (for research position)
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
- Knowledge of the NAFC’s issues, mandate, organizational structure and the Friendship Centre Movement would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the aspirations, value and cultures of urban Indigenous people;
- Ability to be flexible and willingness to learn and work on different tasks as required;
- Those students with experience in research and/or who are currently pursuing graduate studies or plan to pursue graduate studies will be given preference for the research position.
- Provide support to the administration and management of the NAFC;
- Provide support and work across teams within the NAFC national office;
- Provide support for data entry, maintaining a database and scanning of Friendship Centre program data or documents or assisting in managing the scanning process;
- Compiling, cleaning and manipulating program data for analysis and report generation;
- Assist with the collection of program activity and financial reports; compiling and writing a roll-up of reports;
- Provide research and analytical support;
- Provide all aspects of office administrative duties as required including word processing, photocopying, data entry,
- Carry out any other position-related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
All interested applicants between the ages of 18 to 30 and intending to return to full time studies in the fall are encouraged to apply. Preference may be given to persons of Indigenous descent.
Interested candidates should forward a resume, cover letter stating the specific position or positions that they are applying for along with the names of 3 references to:
Mel Maracle, A/Executive Director
National Association of Friendship Centres
275 MacLaren Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 0L9
Tel: (613) 563-4844
Fax: (613) 594-3428
**Extended** Open until May 25, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. EST
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
PDF: NAFC 2018 Summer Student Job Posting (3)_FINAL