The National Association of Friendship Centres (NAFC) is seeking an experienced and skilled Finance Manager who will be responsible to provide the Association with the highest level of financial direction, management and controls in all aspects of the NAFC’s financial operations.
The Finance Manager will contribute financial and general business expertise to implement the financial direction of the Association. The candidate will also be familiar with urban Indigenous issues at the community, regional and national levels.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive financials accounting experience;
- Post-Secondary level education in accounting;
- CPA designation completed or in progress; equivalent work experience would be considered;
- Previous experience managing staff;
- Previous experience working closely with Boards and committees considered a strong asset;
- Comprehensive knowledge of software including Microsoft Office; knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks would be considered a strong asset;
- Able to work independently and meet tight deadlines as required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Commitment to Excellence – always seeking new ways to improve organization practices;
- English is the working language however the ability to work in both official languages (English/French) is an asset. Fluency in an Indigenous language is also an
- Oversee all aspects of the budgetary processes including budgets in funding proposals;
- Oversee operating and project expenditures through review and follow up with the NAFC management;
- Monitor contractual requirements of funding agreements to ensure all obligations are being met, if not, to ensure compliance;
- Responsible for all accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Maintain and safeguard all original contract files;
- Review all draft contracts and make appropriate recommendations when necessary, prior to signing;
- Overall financial reporting requirements of the Association including the preparation of monthly financial statements;
- Ensure the accurate maintenance of the general ledger and all accounting systems;
- Advise on and implement financial planning strategies and budgets with accompanying analysis and interpretation of operating results;
- Recommend to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and relevant committees, appropriate operating policies, strategies and procedures;
- Implement and monitor financial internal records;
- Provide day-to-day supervision to the Finance Officer;
- Ensure that all financial policies of the NAFC are adhered to;
- Ensure that all statutory filing requirements and remittances are met;
- Ensure that all payroll and human resource requirements are met;
- Prepare working papers necessary for the annual audit and other audits as required;
- Assist in financial reporting and analysis;
- Staff resource to the Finance Committee;
- Carry out any other position related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Mel Maracle, NAFC A/Executive Director by email to email@example.com or Fax (613) 594-3428 on or before Friday, September 28, 2018.
No applications will be accepted beyond the closing deadline. Interviews will be held in Ottawa. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. NAFC may cancel, postpone or revise employment opportunities at any time.
NAFC offers competitive salaries, strong benefits and a pension plan
Ottawa, ON with some travel
Term, full time position
Position will be posted until filled.